Facilitating efficient dialogue between business, government and NGOs in Ukraine and abroad.
Experienced politician and public official.
Member of the Ukrainian Parliament of the 6th convocation (2007 to 2012, Budget Committee) and of the 8th convocation (2014 to 2016, European Integration Committee).
Co-Chair of the EU-Ukraine Parliamentary Association Committee (2014 to 2016).
As an MP, he sponsored a number of draft laws passed by the Verkhovna Rada, including, in particular, laws on:
- Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Prevention and Counteraction of Political Corruption (on Public Financing of Political Parties);
- State Support of Cinematography in Ukraine;
- Amendments to the Criminal Code of Ukraine (regarding Improving Protection of Professional Journalistic Activities).
Member of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2014).
Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine (2016 to 2019).
During the time of his service at the Parliament, he has sponsored the passing of more than 20 laws drafted to fulfil the obligations assumed by Ukraine under the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and for approximation of Ukrainian legislation to EU Law, including, in particular, laws on:
- Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Strategic Environmental Assessment; and
- Fundamental Principles of Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
Co-author, An ABC for a Ukrainian Politician (1997).
Semiconductor Physics, Faculty of Physics, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
Master of Political Science, National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy.
Global carbon neutrality
«Not happy with the rules? Change them and be successful»